Wednesday, July 29, 2015

President Obama to Africa:Nobody shoud be president for life.

Barak Obama -- addressing the African Union (AU) today: “If a leader says he is the only one who can hold the country together, then that leader has failed to build their nation…Nobody should be president for life. A country is better off with new blood and new ideas.”
“I don't understand why people want to stay in power for so long especially when they have a lot of money...”
"When a leader tries to change the rules in the middle of the game just to stay in office it risks instability and strife. As we've seen in Burundi...”
"I'm still a pretty young man, but I know that somebody with new energy and new insights will be good for my country. It would be good for yours too in some cases."
“I have to be honest with you—I just don’t understand this. I am in my second term. Under our constitution, I cannot run again. There’s still so much I want to get done to keep America moving forward. But the law is the law and no one is above it, not even presidents.”
“…frankly, I’m looking forward to life after being President. It will mean more time with my family, new ways to serve, and more visits to Africa.” 

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/barack-obama-africa-trip-democracy-ethiopia-120711.html?cmpid=sf

No comments:

Post a Comment